I love to leave the noisy world behind and dive into the sea of story. Life moves slower here, quieter. This does not mean it is boring. Quite the contrary. There are wars and revolutions, conspiracy, feats of great courage in the face of evil. However, here one can always slowly make there way through the action. Repeat it if necessary. Upon careful examination in this slow introspective world things in my own life I can see more clearly or in a new light.
In the sea of story time moves differently. It is slower in times of happiness and faster in times of sad. I love to read because I can forget and leave my life of hectic hurry. An evening with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book is quiet and an evening I can take time to enjoy. Everything is so fast paced nowadays that it is a relief when I can take a break from the stream of time and read a book.
I also read to travel. The sea of story connects me to other worlds that are easy to reach. There are other worlds out there in the pages of books. Ones full of magic and adventure. Even if you could never climb mountains in real life you can always do so in book. You will always make it back in one peace.
The sea of story allows me to be in a place in between dreams and everyday life. I place that is somewhere else, but that I can also share with friends and family. Some of the happiest moments of my childhood were when my mother read aloud to me and my sister. We could share the discovery of new worlds.
This is why I love to read. I read to access the sea of stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment