Sunday, 31 January 2016

2016 Reading Goal: A Great RE-Read-a-thon

Disclaimer: I have no idea really what read-a-thons are, but I decided to use it anyway. 

I have decided to reread a bunch of series this year, most of them are from my childhood. I am rereading for a variety of different reasons, listed below are the series and the reason why I want to reread them.


The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis: Like a lot of people, I was introduced to my love of reading through another person, namely my mom. Narnia was the first series we ever got really invested in together and it remains one of my favourite series of all time. We then proceeded to read other series including; The Land of Elyon, The Children of the Lamp, and His Dark Materials. I don't think I will be rereading these other series this year, except His Dark Materials.


Fairyland by Catherine M. Valente: The last book is coming out this year and is probably my most anticipated book of 2016! I want to refresh my memory of the previous four books. It is that simple.


The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket: I don't have Netflix, but I am still super excited for the new adaptation, so I thought I would hop on the new SUE resurgence. I have tried to reread this series before but the constant definitions annoyed me. Hopefully with renewed determination I will plough through them. I did love them the first time I read them.


The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor: I was in love with Taylor's writing not so long ago, but I fell out of love with YA (and into middle grade oddly enough) and so have been putting the last book of this trilogy on hold. It has been long enough that I need to reread the first two books in the series.


The Queen's Thief by Megan Whalen Turner: I have recently rediscovered this series while browsing Goodreads. My interest has been peaked. I also felt like I was not old enough to appreciate these books when I originally read them, and I never got to the end of this series.


Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: I could not leave it off the list. Also, I have never read the entire series. My mom read it to the family and then I started to read myself in highschool or middle school and got as far as The Order of the Phoenix before turning to somthing else.

So those are my series rereads that I would like to do in 2016. I don't know if I will be able to read all of them, but this is a fun challenge and I have already started rereading books this year with Plain Kate by Erin Bow. I am also thinking of rereading a couple of Kate DiCamillo's books. She is one of my favourite children's author, and The Miraculous Adventure of Edward Tulane is one of my favourite books of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment