Sunday, 23 April 2017

grit LIT 2017

It's been a couple of weeks, but I went to grit LIT, Hamilton's Writers and Readers Festival. I have never been before and made the most of it by attending 8 events: Justice for All?, Identity and Self-Determination, World's Away, Reading in the Digital Age, Literary Salon with Ivan Coyote, Our Canadian Families, Hamilton Writes, and Telling our Own Stories. I bought five books (read two so far). It would have been more if my sister and dad didn't attend the final day with me and by four books between them as well. I had a great time listening to authors reading their work, and I was introduced to many writers I have never read or even heard of. It was a great weekend, and I will definitely be attending next year's!

Here's my haul:


Heyday by Marnie Woodrow
Gutenberg's Fingerprint by Merilyn Simonds
Tomboy Survival Guide by Ivan Coyote
Children of Earth and Sky by Guy Gavriel Kay 
Even This Page is White by Vivek Shraya



No comments:

Post a Comment