I went on my first book crawl today. It was a success! I hit all the bookshops I originally set out to visit travelling all across the city, making for very achy feet. In order, I visited The Printed Word, Barely Bent Books, Byran Prince Bookseller, Westside Books, Epic Books, The James Street Bookseller, and JH Gordon Books. I enjoyed each bookshop. Some promoted Hamilton writers, particularly JH Gordon. The Printed Word's poetry collection is amazing. Barely Bent Books, Westside Stories, JH Gordon, and The James Street Bookseller are for the most part, used books. The Printed Word is a mixture of both new and old. Epic Books and Bryan Prince sell new books. For the first two bookstores I was by myself, but I was joined by various friends throughout the afternoon, which made the crawl a lot more fun (kudos to everyone!). In the end, I picked up quite a few books (see below), and I plan on doing it again although not for a while. My wallet is very upset with me...oops.

From Westside Books:
Box set of the Emily of New Moon trilogy by Lucy Maud Montgomery
The Miraculous Adventure of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
From JH Gordon Books
Yiddish for Pirates by Gary Barwin
A Novel Journal-Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
From Epic Books:
The House of Months and Years by Emma Trevayne
From The Printed Word:
The Great Camouflage: Writings of Dissent (1941-1945) by Suzanne Césaire (edited by Daniel Maximin, translated by Keith L. Walker)
Where it Hurts by Sarah De Leeuw
Autobiography of Red by Anne Carson
From Bryan Prince Bookseller:
The Tale of a No-Name Squirrel by Radhika R. Dhariwal
Ollie's Odyssey by William Joyce
No comments:
Post a Comment